Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Weigh In Wednesday: Laundry Detergent

What kind of laundry detergent do you use?

Why do you like it?

I have always been a Tide lover. Growing up, my mom used Tide always so that carried over into my grown up life until I had children. My babies have very sensitive skin just like their mother so I stuck to the baby detergents like Dreft and All Baby until I discovered Arm & Hammer Essentials. I love it!! It has no scent which is great and it is dye & perfume free which is great for sensitive skin. But the best part is that it very natural and safe for the environment. It has a natural water softener in it so even if you have hard water, you clothes still feel soft after using it. The price can't be beat also considering it costs about half of what Tide costs!!!

My husband and I have a difference of opinions as to what makes a good laundry detergent. He is always looking for something that smells good and when he buys it, it makes our munchkins break out. I look for the sensitive skin ones that contain no perfumes or dyes. I also go with what is a good price per ounce and if I have a coupon, that is always better!! I try to go with what is good for our environment now too (thanks to Ally!!).

What do you think? What makes a good detergent for you?

8 comments:

  1. We use Gain. I love the smell, and the way my clothes feel. I also love that the smell stays with the clothes for a long time after they have been washed. (We use Gain detergent, softener, and dryer sheets.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever since having babies I've used All Free & Clear, but that last time I needed detergent the Arm & Hammer stuff was on sale for crazy cheap, so I thought I'd try it. I'm pleased with it. The coincidence of this post made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we do all free and clear,but the up one from target is about 8.99 for 64 loads plus i used a coupon for a dollar off last time.i found some 7th generation free and clear for 5.99.i'll let you know about that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All free & clear family here! We have the sensitive skin issues as well. I may have to try that Arm & Hammer though, if I can find a good deal LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use what ever im in the mood for and whats on sale. Right now im using tide with freebreeze. Im actually switching between tide and cheer....lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always used Tide, and now with the baby we use Tide sensitive. I have always had sensitive skin and only been able to use tide, so I figured he would have the same problems as me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Country Save. We too have sensitive skin issues but I also needed something for cloth diapers. The list of detergents good for cloth is not very long and Country Save was available at the commissary. I've been using it for two years now and LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We too have sensitive skin and use the regular Arm and Hammer. I can buy the 96 load at the Commissary for about $5.99...$3 cheaper than Walmart. I've tried Tide in the past, it works and will only buy it when it's on sale with my awesome coupons. I used All Free and Clean when the kids were really young for their clothes. That's what our ped in Hawaii recommended.

    ReplyDelete