Sunday, February 28, 2010

Toy of the Week: Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Learning Home

I would have never thought a toy could make such a difference in the lives of my family. But the Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Learning Home really has.


Fisher-Price boasts that the Laugh and Learn Learning Home teaches letters, numbers, counting, shapes, opposites, colors, greetings, and more! The big lesson learned in my home wasn’t listed; it taught my 3 year old and my 1 year old how to play nicely with each other.

When we gave this to our 1yo for her birthday our 3yo was under the impression all the toys in the house were hers and her little sister was just borrowing them. The little one took to this toy right away and the older one quickly learned she could sit on one side and her sister could sit on the other and they could play together. Many an hour was spent pushing every button, turning every knob and flipping every switch. The 3yo quickly learned what was required to play her favorite songs (putting balls in the down spouts plays Itsy Bitsy Spider) and now is trying to teach her little sister all the tricks. They both enjoy it immensely!

It’s said to have 21 “delightful” songs, some of which will get stuck in your head and you’ll be singing them all day. The various activities are bound to keep the interest of just about any toddler.

The suggested age range is 6-36 months which I think is pretty much on, although I’m sure my oldest will be playing with it as long as her little sister is interested.

The only downfall I’ve found is the price. The suggested retail price is $80! You can usually find them used if you look and you can order missing parts from Fisher-Price.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. my mom has it and Richard loved it,so i bought the barn version on clearance for 49 $ knowing both my kids will love it

    ReplyDelete