Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lasik!


It's hard for me to believe that it's been a whole year since I had laser vision correction! It was one of the best investments I've ever made. It has truly simplified my life and made me feel more secure.
Before receiving laser vision correction, I wore contacts, and I was blind as a bat without them. I rarely ever wore glasses. I was near-sighted and had astigmatism. After I had my first child I was overcome with a fear that something terrible, such as a fire or tornado, would strike in the middle of the night and I wouldn't be able to see well enough to rescue my baby. This might sound absurd to anyone who is not a parent, but if you are a parent I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from.
My husband actually had PRK surgery years ago and was the one who suggested I get Lasik. My dad had also had it done recently, so I went ahead and scheduled the consult. I went to the Lasik Plus in Schaumburg, Illinois. I don't remember exactly what it cost, but I think it was around $3000, and it was worth every penny. I can see even clearer now than I did with contact lenses and I don't have to mess with contacts or spend the money on them for the rest of my life. And now I also have the comfort of knowing I will be able to see if, God forbid, some emergency arises in the middle of the night.



2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean Ally. I had mine done about 4 years ago. It wasn't as expensive as yours, but that might be because my sight probably wasn't as bad as yours. I highly recommend Lasik to ANYONE that can get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the price also varies by the cost of living in a particular area. Everything is more expensive in Chicagoland. I know Rick's was a lot cheaper in Florida.

    ReplyDelete