Thursday, May 20, 2010

Minute Maid Fruit Falls vs. Capri Sun Roarin' Waters

If you're like me, you (and your kids), probably enjoy the convenience of juice boxes, especially during beach and picnic season.  The problem with juice is all that sugar!  I was so ecstatic when I found out about the Capri Sun Roarin' Waters while vacationing in Tampa last year.  The common assumption was, "It's just water, so they can have as much as they want."  FALSE! 

On a recent trip to the grocery store I compared the labels on the Capri Sun Roarin' Waters and the Minute Maid Fruit Falls.  I was shocked at my findings!  I expected them to be identical.  Truth be told, the Minute Maid Fruit Falls are the better choice. 

The Capri Sun option contains 30 calories and 7 grams of sugar per serving, whereas the Minute Maid option contains 5 calories and less than 1 gram of sugar per serving.

Here is the nutritional information for the Berry flavor of each beverage from each company's website, however, the box of Capri Sun that I looked at in the store listed High Fructose Corn Syrup as the second ingredient.  ACK! :





No comments:

Post a Comment